Today NSW Premier Dominic Perrottet has announced the removal or relaxation of several Covid rules in NSW.
From 12:00am on Friday 18th February 2022 the following will occur:
• Density limits no longer apply
• QR check-ins will only be required for certain venues
• Singing and dancing will be permitted at all venues, except music festivals
• People can continue to work from home at the employer’s discretion.
From 12:00am on Friday 25th February 2022 the following will occur:
- Masks will only be mandated on public transport, planes, and indoors at airports, hospitals, aged and disability care facilities, corrections facilities, and indoor music festivals with more than 1,000 people;
- Masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others and for customer-facing retail staff to protect vulnerable people who must access these premises and services;
- Each State Government agency will review where it may be appropriate for public-facing staff to wear masks and will implement as necessary; and
- The 20,000 person cap on music festivals will be removed, with singing and dancing permitted. Vaccination requirements will remain for indoor music festivals over 1,000 people, with attendees required to have at least two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine.
The NSW government is also starting a staged return of non-urgent elective surgery and it should increase to pre Covid levels by the end of March 2022.