Wednesday, June 29, 2022
Google search engine
HomeEntertainmentTrial of Guy Sebastian’s Former Manager Titus Day Delayed

Trial of Guy Sebastian’s Former Manager Titus Day Delayed

WE NEED FUNDS TO FIGHT MAINSTREAM MEDIA MISINFORMATION

We are 100% independently owned, free from corporate ownership and control. Help support a free press by donating to us.

Guy Sebastian’s former agent has been accused of embezzling $900k from the Australian Musician. The trial against Mr Day has been put on hold when Judge Peter Zahra, the Judge presiding over the case became unwell with an unspecified illness and was unable to attend court for two days.

Mr. Day, 50, who managed the singer for around ten years has pleaded not guilty to 50 counts of fraudulently embezzling royalty, performance, and ambassador payments that were supposed to go to Mr Sebastian. He has also vehemently denied an alternative 50 counts of larceny or stealing.

The trial commenced on Tuesday. The singer began to give his evidence on Wednesday, alleging his former manager promised him a stake in his company after becoming the foundation client before he stole almost $900k from him.

Crown Prosecutor David Morters SC made allegations that Mr Day, who managed Mr. Sebastian via his company 6 Degrees between 2009 and 2017 embezzled the money between 2013 and 2020. He told the court there were “shortfalls” in the amount of money transferred to Mr Sebastian, including the money he never received for being the support act for Taylor Swift on her Australian tour in December 2013.

Mr Day’s barrister Dominic Toomey SC has responded to the claims by suggesting his client has an answer to every one of the charges and said that the singer’s high profile may have seduced the authorities.

“You may wonder whether authorities or even police were wilfully blind… seduced by Mr Sebastian’s high profile,” Mr Toomey told the court yesterday.

The trial was scheduled to resume on Thursday, with Mr Sebastian to return to the witness box. But with the Judge unable to be there, the trial was set to resume on Monday.

A social media post on Thursday afternoon revealed the singer had tested positive for COVID-19. “I am so sorry to disappoint my fans and I promise to do something even more special once I’m able to perform as a thank-you for your patience and understanding,” Mr Sebastian said.

With the singer now also unwell, it has an impact on his national tour, with shows in Townsville and Cairns originally scheduled for next week, needing to be postponed. Ticket holders will be notified of the new dates soon.

“Touring in these times is certainly challenging,” Said Tim McGregor, Tour Managing Director, “We look forward to getting the show back on the road as soon as possible.”

At the moment, all other shows will go ahead as scheduled. The national tour will recommence on May 13th on the Gold Coast.

It is unclear when the court case will resume at this time.

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -
Google search engine

Most Popular

Recent Comments

Ivan M. Paton on Approval Of Remdesivir
Beth on Free and Fair?
Novus Ordo Seclorum on Victorian Change to Mandates
Novus Ordo Seclorum on Health care in crisis
Novus Ordo Seclorum on Health care in crisis
Burnthehousedown on Postal vote outrage
Shanthini Balasuriyar on Queensland CHO – a law unto himself
Billie Hutton on Convoy to Canberra Two
Lynn a freedom warrior on Convoy to Canberra Two
Elizabeth on Ruble on the rise
Yvonne Ford on Pfizer drug recall
Gene Trevor Wyngaard on NZ Scrap vaccine mandates
Frances Mahy on Russia Sanctions The U.S.A
Peter Coxhead on My Story, So Far
Theodora Zajaz on Novak Out Of U.S. Open.
Leonie Young on Probuild Buy-Out
Shelley Madden on Pfizer, Stranger than Fiction
Debra Mullins on AVN vs Brendan Murphy
Malcolm on The End Game
Sabina on What’s Next?
Drew Duncan on Belarus Under Threat
Robyn on What’s Next?
Sofia Rutteman on Here We Go Again, Part 2
Robert Burns on Ricardo Bosi Public Address
Kim Henry on Pfizer Whistleblower
Lee Y on Give Me Five
Linda Nemeth on Ricardo Bosi Public Address
Warwick Hibble on Ricardo Bosi Public Address
Lesley on The Data Is Ours
Patricia Poppeliers on Here We Go Again, Part 2
Dani Stevens on Trouble in Paradise
Colin Stevens on VICTORY FOR THE PEOPLE
Leanne Robyn on VICTORY FOR THE PEOPLE
Dianedraytonbuckland on Facebook: Judge, Jury and Executioner
Michael Chere on Before You Inject Your Child
Kerry Taylor on Which one of us is blind?
Kathy Hirsch on First Nations Locked Down
Gloria Feather on Undermining The Indigenous.
Marie Millikin on Let us talk about intuition.
Lucienne Helm on Let us talk about intuition.
Susan Wilson on The real revolution
Jennifer Leonard on 2020 a year to forget
F J on Strange Times
Tracey Parsons on IBAC DAY 9
stacie rose on Which one of us is blind?
Uncertainty on My Story, So Far
Tracey on A Veteran’s Plea
Zaidee Lens Van Rijn on My Story, So Far
Alissandra Moon on The Rise of Medical Apartheid
Peggy Gothe on Mum, I don’t feel well
Keith Cashman on Mum, I don’t feel well
Melinda c Taylor on Mum, I don’t feel well
Vaughan Oke on Which one of us is blind?
Jane Ramsay on Choice vs Ultimatum
Brian K Wilson on Which one of us is blind?
Scott Dawson on Which one of us is blind?
Sandra Dee on ST KILDA STREET PICNIC